Sunday, August 12, 2007

Finally...Something New!

First of all, I would like to say "Thank You" to the friends who posted comments. That DID spark my enthusiasm! I did find something exciting to write about. My "baby boy" (who happens to be 6 years old and my second son), lost his first tooth this weekend. I can't believe it! I remember when my "big boy" (who is now 9) lost his first tooth, and I felt like he was completely grown. Where does time go? Just tonight, I was watching my "baby girl" (who is 3), ride her brother's Razor scooter like she is 14! I feel so old! To top my weekend off, my 9 year old "went out" two nights with our neighbor's daughter. Granted he went on a family trip to the pool and football game with them, it still seems like a date to me. This afternoon, the girl's sister tells me that "when Morgan breaks up with her boyfriend, Caleb is going to be her new boyfriend! I know this sounds petty, but we are not talking about 3 year old "puppy love." My son is going to have a girlfriend!!! I thought this moment would be a long way off. He is ALL boy and very outgoing, but he is also on the shy side (especially around girls). I thought he would be at least 21 before he dated! I guess I am cutting those strings faster than I thought. I will probably be most thankful that I started this blog when my son has his heart broken for the first time. I will need all the advice I can get. Right now, I will just focus on him riding his scooter up the street to jump on the trampoline with his new girlfriend!

4 comments:

soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

My five year old girl is BOY CRAZY!!! It baffles me that she is that consumed with it...it also scares me a bit for the future.

She only wants to wear clothes that "Noah" at school will like and on Thursdays, after swim practice (it's candy night on Thursdays and they get to grab some candy out of a big tub) she always makes sure to grab a lollipop for "Nick" - Ugghh!

NaeNae said...

Awww! Your big boy has a girlfriend! I can't believe it! And I didn't realize baby boy had not lost any teeth yet! I bet he was excited!

Erin said...

My son is girl crazy. He has had a crush on the same girl for 3 years.

Kelly in NC said...

I guarantee that if you take the time to blog regularly about the little "nothings" in your life, you and your family will be thankful. I have only been bloggin for a little over a year and a half and I already love to go back and read my old posts. It is so easy to forget how small our children were and it is fun to reflect on how much they change. So, keep blogging.